What to do when you’re home alone.
We’ve all had moments when our men are away, either for a week-long business trip or possibly away serving the country for an extended period of time. Whatever the case might be, I’m sure you’ll nod in agreeance that it’s not easy. Independence before the men vowed to love us forever + ever used to be a cake walk. Staying home alone, piling on the slumber parties and shouting the best Beyoncé tunes at the top of my lungs was a pretty regular thing. Although I was praying for Mr.Wonderful, I was enjoying the time of being the best me I could be.
Then I got swept off of my feet and I promised to do life with another. Beautiful thing. Uniquely life changing. Special. But now when Mr.Mine needs to take care of business and jet away I could easily be left feeling a little empty.
So today I’m here to bring a few things we can do to keep us occupied while the men in our lives are away and the house becomes empty.
1. Pamper yourself. Run a hot bath filled to the brim with bubbles, grab a glass of bubbly, light the candles, grab your favorite nail polish or apply a soothing face mask and indulge in a little R+R. You deserve it!
2. Quiet time. Imagine this – sitting by the fire + cuddling up with a good book and your favorite cup of jo and enjoying the peace and quiet all to yourself.
3. Dive into a hobby. An empty house leaves a lot of room for thinking so use this time to ponder the things that you enjoy or would like to venture. Is it writing that gets your creative juices flowing or is ballet something you fancy dabbling in? Paint a little picture in your head of an activity that you’d like to try and, dare yourself to find a class or join a group and get going. There’s no time like the present!
4. Soak up time with your best gal pals. Ring your girlfriends up and invite them over for an old fashion slumber party, I’m talking popcorn, chick flicks, sleeping bags, endless gabbing and all. If that’s not possible maybe getting everyone around for coffee and dessert or heading to your favorite eatery might work better. We can all use a girls night every once in a while.
5. Jumping around free as a kite belting out your best anthems. Crank up the volume on your favorite tunes and belt it out at the top of your lungs. Who doesn’t love this?
6. Staying in our pjs around the clock if we so like, because we can. Sofa to couch, with a marathon of Friends, sounds like a great place to start. Maybe your guilty pleasure is reruns of Full House? Whatever your mantra, enjoy.
Okay now hurry home sweets!
Gals what’s your happy place when no one’s around? Guys what do you do when the wife’s away, golf or a marathon of football?