4th of July treat
Happy 4th of July. Independence Day. Happy birthday America. Just because there’s an ocean separating me from my native doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate. Since today was like any other, and not a day out of the office and out by the BBQ, I made a festive treat to share with the office.It was so simple, easy and delicious that I might just make it again for a party that we’re attending this weekend!
Ingredients include: 1 puff pastry [I used the 320ml pre-cut roll], lemon curd, strawberry jam, powdered sugar, vanilla, blueberries and strawberries, 1 pint of whipping cream.
- Preheat the oven to 200 celsius. Roll out the dough until it measures about 14×14 – you might need to use a rolling pin if needed, oil the bottom of the pan slightly and stick the pastry in the oven for about 15min or until golden brown.
- While that’s baking mix the whipping cream, 2 tbsp of powdered sugar and 1 splash of vanilla with a blender until peaks begin to form.
- Cut the strawberries in quarters and set aside.
- Remove pastry and until it’s completely cool.
- Add a layer of lemon curd and then add a layer of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the berries/blueberries
- Heat 2 tbsp of jam and glaze over the top
- Serve and enjoy!
We’ve been so blessed to find so many amazing friends in our new city and they were so sweet to embrace this festive day alongside me. My colleagues at work surprised me with a stash of American candy at lunch and a sweet group of girls, including a fellow American friend, went to dinner to celebrate.
I hope each of you had a wonderful day celebrating the land of the free and the home of the brave!